1879 William Swinton departs England to settle in Orillia where his uncle John Dean had established a boat building business.
1880 Obtains employment as a cabinet maker building wooden coffins with the T. B. Mitchell Furniture Co.
1898 William purchases T. B. Mitchell Furniture Co. now selling pianos, organs, musical instruments, sewing machines and furniture
1907 Expands the business by buying a furniture store from Johnston E. Ogle.
1908 William’s son Robert joins the family business and they operate the two stores for a while.
1912 T. B. Cramp purchases a large lot on Mississaga Street across from the Library. Cramp persuaded William Swinton to purchase 54 feet of it and they built two stores with an alleyway between them.
1913 William forms a partnership with his son in 1910 and on November 13, 1913 William Swinton & Son Furniture has its grand opening at its new location at 27 Mississaga Street West.
1913 Sells the funeral business to H. A. Bingham, subsequently taken over by J. A. Mundell.
1916 T. B. Cramp sells his neighbouring grocery store then purchases the Brewery building a few doors west on the corner of Andrew Street and moves there.
1924 William Swinton dies. Robert continues to operate the prosperous business.
1947 Robert sells both the building and business to the Adams Furniture Company.
1976 Adams Furniture Company changes its name to Woodhouse Furniture Limited.
1978 Woodhouse Furniture Limited amalgamates with Great Universal Stores of Canada Limited, finally G.U.S. Canada Inc.
2014 Carousel Collectibles antique store operated by Lorne & Mary VanSinclair opens occupying the ground floor.
2019 New owners commence renovations to create two commercial units and six rental apartments.